Lees Brook Academy Study Support
We all know how important it is for students to receive high quality teaching and learning, but we also must realise that additional study is key to achieving great outcomes. Therefore, we are providing students additional Study Support to allow them the opportunity to gain extra, personalised support out of timetabled lessons. A student may be asked to attend a Study Support session for a range of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Missing a lesson and needing to catch up
- Needing some 1:1 guidance on a particular aspect of their subject studies
- Requiring some support with study and revision skills
- Being ‘stuck’ on something and needing some help
- A quiet place to work with help on specific topics when required.
These sessions are designed to be flexible for both teachers and students. A teacher may ask a student to attend, but equally students can request a session from their teachers if they require. We also have a range of interventions throughout the year including breakfast revision sessions, homework clubs, library club, computing club, holiday booster/revision sessions and many more.
Please encourage your child to attend these high-quality sessions to ensure they are one step ahead. After school sessions will usually run from 3:00pm to 4:00pm, please do not hesitate to contact the school if you have any questions.