We know that moving schools can be both daunting and exciting. Our transition arrangements allow us to get to know your child before they start in September and help them to feel confident in their new surroundings.
Our offer consists of the following aspects:
- Primary School Visits are an essential part of our process. This gives the opportunity for students to ask questions and discuss any concerns before their transition days and for key staff to meet with their primary teachers. Students at the larger feeder primary schools are visited at their own school by a member of Lees Brook Academy staff; those who require additional SEND support will also be visited or have the opportunity to make an additional visit to Lees Brook Academy prior to September.
- A ‘Year 6 Induction’ evening for all parents. We will invite all parents to join us to learn more about how best to support your child’s immediate transition to us, deal with details around uniform and our high expectations of/for parents and children.
- Three days of transition in July where students can try new lessons and meet teachers and new friends within their tutor group.
- A full induction in September. During the first few days at Lees Brook, the students will learn a lot about routines and expectations that will set them up to flourish across the next 5 years.
- A Form Tutor that will stay with the student throughout the whole 5 years at Lees Brook.
- A Form Tutor Evening in the autumn term allows parents the chance to visit school again and keep up to date with how their child has settled in classes.
- It is also worth noting that all of our students have a designated Year Leader. The Year Leader role at Lees Brook Academy is a non-teaching post, which means that any pastoral matters can be dealt with promptly. This is especially important in the transition process, where the Year Leader plays a vital role in ensuring that all students have best possible start of life in secondary school and that they feel confident and well supported.
You will also find a lot of key information in our Parent Handbook Specifically, can I ask that you take particular time to read the uniform sections of this and get in touch with us, or our uniform supplier, should you have questions.
We have prepared a number of materials for your child to complete before they join us in September. Copies will be provided on or before transition days. You can find also find a digital copies of this material here:
Letters from our current Year 7 students