What is an apprenticeship?
Get paid to discover your passion! You can become anything you want… An Apprenticeship is a job which allows you to earn while you learn. You receive a wage and study alongside each other, which eventually leads to qualifications and progression within your chosen industry. A guide to apprenticeships can be found here.
With an apprenticeship you will:
- Learn and train for a specific job
- Work alongside experienced staff
- Earn a wage and get holiday pay
- Be given time for study related to your role (the equivalent of one day a week)
- Complete assessments during and at the end of your apprenticeship
- Be on a career path with lots of future potential
Each apprenticeship has a level and an equivalent education level. You can start an apprenticeship at any level. Depending on the level, some apprenticeships may:
- Require previous qualifications such as an English or Maths GCSE
- Give extra training in the English or Maths skills needed so you’re at the right level
Parents’ Guide To Apprenticeships
To find an Apprenticeship